8.45 am - Doors open
9.30 am - Welcome: Thomas Beazley
9.35am - Session one: ''Science, people and politics post 2020''
Chaired by Richard Whitlock
- Minette Batters – NFU Deputy President
- Charles Shropshire – G’s Fresh
- Lord Melchett – Policy director Soil Association
11.00am - Morning break
11.30am - Session two: ''Farmers with Flair''
Chaired by Thomas Martin
- Alec Mercer – Mercer Farming/Packington Poultry
- Matthew Sharp – Matthew Sharpe Agriculture
- Jack Stilwell – Get Jack Farming
- Tom Wright – Spring Farm Systems
- Emily Norton – Nortons Dairy
12.50pm - AHDB/Cultiv8 business benchmarking group
1.00pm - Lunch break
2.00pm - Session three: ''Building the British Brand''
Chaired by Thomas Bradshaw
- Jake Freestone – Overbury Farms
- Edward Darling – Farmer/Game & wildlife conservation trust
- Neil Darwent – Free range dairy
- Colm McKay – Agriculture Director
3.25pm - Closing remarks
East of England Agricultural Society is a registered charity which focuses on the promotion and support of agriculture and rural life.
The Society has an active programme for knowledge transfer among farmers and others engaged in the technical side of the agri sector. It recognises that the next generation has to deal with the challenges being set today.