8.45 am - Doors open
9.30 am - Welcome: Thomas Beazley
9.35am - Session one: ''Science, people and politics post 2020''
Chaired by Richard Whitlock
- Minette Batters – NFU Deputy President
- Charles Shropshire – Managing Director of Cambs Farms Growers Ltd
- Lord Melchett – Policy director Soil Association
- Stuart Agnew – UKIP MEP/Farmer
11.00am - Morning break
11.30am - Session two: ''Farmers with Flair''
Chaired by Thomas Martin
- Alec Mercer – Mercer Farming/Packington Poultry
- Matthew Sharp – Rising Sun Farm
- Jack Stilwell – Get Jack Farming
- Emily Norton – Nortons Dairy
12.50pm - AHDB/Cultiv8 business benchmarking group
1.00pm - Lunch break
2.00pm - Session three: ''Building the British Brand''
Chaired by Thomas Bradshaw
- Jake Freestone – Overbury Farms
- Edward Darling – Redlist Revival
- Andrew Blenkiron – Vice Chairman of Red Tractor
- Colm McKay – British Sugar
3.25pm - Closing remarks
East of England Agricultural Society is a registered charity which focuses on the promotion and support of agriculture and rural life.
The Society has an active programme for knowledge transfer among farmers and others engaged in the technical side of the agri sector. It recognises that the next generation has to deal with the challenges being set today.